Saturday, April 14, 2007

Our Life So Far



Zach and I got married December 18, 2004. We lived in Canyon and were attending graduate school at West Texas A&M the first 6 months of our marriage. Then Floydada ISD called and asked us to move out there to coach and teach. Zach's family is from Floydada and I had taught there 2 years prior to our marriage. We decided to take the offer. We bought our first house and I began teaching 5th grade math and Zach taught at the alternative school and also coached varsity and JV football, 7th grade girls basketball, and 7th and 8th grade girls track. Over the summer, we worked on painting and updating the inside of our house. We also tilled up the backyard and tried to plant grass. However, our yard is HUGE and we had no rain, so all we got was weeds. This school year, I have again taught 5th grade math, but Zach's duties changed. He now teaches 7th grade science and coaches JV and Varsity football, Freshmen, JV, and Varsity girls basketball, and is the head girls track coach. The district meet was this week. He has 4 girls going to the regional meet in Abilene in a couple of weeks. He has done a great job. I am so proud of him. Hopefully he will have one of the girls make it to state in Austin! Oh, I almost forgot a very important part of our family. We have the cutest and best dog in the world. Her name is Taylor and she is a Boston Terrior. She originally belonged to my sister and her husband, but when we moved to Floydada they were living in an apartment in Dallas and it was so much better for her to come stay with us with the big backyard. Plus, it was going to cost them a lot to be able to keep her at the apartment. Then, we grew very attached to her and begged them to let us keep her when they moved into their house in Dallas. So far, we've been able to keep our baby. We know they miss her a lot though.

2 comments:

andydawn said...

HEY!! You joined the BLOG world!! Jenny is here and she says hi! Looking forward to more posts.

WhitneyandRandy said...

Hey, I am glad I have another blog to check besides Andrea's :) Hopefully someday I will get my butt in gear and set up my page too....