School started back last week. We are all SO tired. We even had to work on Labor Day. It's one of the days we decided to put back in our calendar to keep from working into June when the state decided to make everyone start so late. My mom came up and kept Kagen for us since daycare was closed. We had our first football game last Friday night against Lubbock Roosevelt. We had a 27 point lead on them in the 1st quarter and ended up losing 39-35. It came down to the last 3 minutes of the game. We blew it. It was Kagen's first game and we were so excited. However, there was a storm nearby, so the game was delayed starting by an hour, and then ended up lasting until 12:15. Thank goodness I decided to lug the carseat in. Kagen fell asleep with 5 minutes in the 3rd quarter left and slept through the rest of the game. We were all dressed in shorts, t-shirts, and flip-flops before the delay, and ended up going in jeans, tennis shoes, and jackets after the storm hit. It was quite chilly by the end of the game. We play Lockney this Friday, so hopefully we will fair much better against the county rival. There is a trophy involved in this one, I kid you not (Floyd County Championship).
The first Tech game went well!!!! We sure are hoping for a Big 12 Championship this year! Kagen dressed in his jersey that his Aunt Melissa got him Saturday even though we didn't attend the game. We decided not to keep our tickets this year. My parents moved to the west side of the stadium and did get us tickets to the UT game. Zach is just never able to go and I don't want to drag Kagen to those at this age. When he is 3 or 4, we'll start taking him to a couple a year, but he is already being drug to games on Friday nights, he doesn't need 4 hour Tech games on top of that, especially out in the heat. That doesn't mean we are routing for Tech from home. We did at least get to meet my parents, sister, and brother-in-law for a late lunch before the game.
"I miss you, Uncle Matt and Aunt Cheryl."
We aren't sure what this face was, but he was stuck like this for about a minute.
"Go Raiders!"
"I want a chip, Grandpa."
"I'll have the fajitas, too."
Stealing the show (or all of the toys) at our Sunday School party
More red wagon time
Over at Coach Day's house waiting for the lightning to clear so we can go to his first Whirlwind Football game
Kagen didn't pay much attention to the game
I should teach him to dust.
"Look at me, Mommy."
9 month measurements
weight: 21 lbs 11 oz 73 percentile
height: 29.6" 94 percentile
1 comment:
I can't believe how much he is grown!! I miss seeing y'all at the Tech games!
Post a Comment