Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm Going to be an Aunt!

Kagen won't be the only grandchild at my parent's house this year during the holidays. My sister and her husband are expecting their first child October 4th! I'm so excited! Cheryl told me a few weeks ago and made me keep it a secret until they decided to tell everyone. Now I finally have permission to make it public! That was a VERY hard secret to keep. We are secretly hoping for a little boy cousin for Kagen because he has 4 little girl cousins on Zach's side of the family and we are very tired of everything being pink. However, we are so happy for Matt and Cheryl and will gladly welcome a niece or nephew into the family and are praying for a healthy pregnancy at the moment. I think my dad (AKA Grandpa) thinks a little girl might be easier for him to keep up with than Kagen. He wants one that will just sit in the chair with him and be still! Good luck with that either way, Grandpa!

Kagen has been spoiled rotten by my family, so he will have a rude awakening come October. He is going to have to learn to share Nana's time. I've already told him, being an oldest grandchild myself, that he will always be special no matter what and to be happy that he will finally have someone to play with.

Cheryl, I wish you were here to see the smile on my face. I can't wait to meet my niece or nephew! I'm SO VERY EXCITED! Please take care of yourself and that little baby.

Here are a few pictures of Kagen enjoying the beautiful weather we had this past week before I came down with the flu:

Kagen has learned how to push the pedal on his tractor, but not how to do that and steer at the same time. That's a little much for a 14 month old I guess!

Whoops! The tree got in the way. No problem for Kagen though.

Just push it back away from the tree....

...and back onto the driveway!

Daddy bought him his first fishing pole. He is practicing up while waiting on Mommy to get ready for church.

4 comments:

andydawn said...

YEAH! I can't wait till she finds out :) Congrats Cheryl! Kagen is cute as always! Mason misses Craig :)

Jenny Wakulat said...

Oh that is so awesome! Please tell her congrats.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for Cheryl and Matt!!!!

The White's said...

I love the captions you use with your photos!! I sure miss you all.