Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Leaving Floydada

We are at a major milestone in our lives. This spring has been very stressful. The athletic director that Zach has worked under the past 3 years in Floydada got a better job in Borger and he his family have moved up there. Our defensive coordinator is also going and taking his family. We were invited to go with them and went and looked and considered the possibilities and then decided it wasn't in our best interest. These two families have become very dear friends of ours and are going to be sorely missed. The guys have all coached together and the wives have all traveled and watched games together for 3 years. Our kids have been growing up together, mostly boys. Rance, Kyen, and Kagen have all been in day care together. Kyen and Kagen are 6 months apart and have been in the same class at day care. I'm so sad that they won't be together anymore, but we are all doing what is best for our families.

We were going to stay in Floydada, were we have lived and worked for 4 years now. I have actually completed 6 years of service to Floydada ISD now. However, we have been talking to my dad about going to Stamford so Zach could help him farm for a while now. It just so happened that Stamford ISD had ONE opening this year and it was exactly what Zach is certified to teach and likes to teach. Out of 18 candidates, he was offered the job, and we felt it was the time to go. We were so torn. We love our house, friends, and jobs, but this is a great opportunity for us and who knows when another science job will open up for him. I am still looking for a job, but have a strong possibility of one in Anson.

As of right now, where we will live, is up in the air. Our house here in Floydada has been up for sale for a little over a week and only one couple has looked at it. As soon as they hire a new AD here, we hope to have better luck because they are going to have to hire about 7 new coaches.

This week has been very emotional and full of goodbyes. Yesterday after work, a friend of mine held a little get together at her house for me and another teacher that are leaving. Then today at the end of school, the principal gave me and the 2 other teachers on my campus that are leaving gifts and told us how much we would be missed. I cried the minute I got in my car and for about 30 minutes after I got home. In fact, I'm crying like a baby as I type this. We have made some very dear friends here and are going to miss them like crazy. Thank goodness, Zach's family is here, so we will have a great reason to come visit all of the time.

Here are a few pics from recent times:

Lindsay (moving to Midland), Laura, me, Amy, and Callie at Main Event earlier this month


2 comments:

The White's said...

Leaving is hard but the friends you make will always be special in your heart. We can't wait to get you, Zach and Kagen closer to us so we are in Heaven with excitement.

Anonymous said...

I know this is a tough decision but it is definitely going to be for the best! I am happy for you!!