Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Jeep
Well, I finally got a new car. I'd had my Explorer for 5 1/2 years. It was a great car, but was getting on up there in miles and I was wanting a few upgrades. I told Zach that I really wanted more room in the back seat, leather interior, and built in DVD. Last summer I was set on getting a Tahoe. Then I realized that to get one like I wanted, it was too much money and we couldn't afford the gas for it either. So, we decided to start all over and look at everything that was out there. We finally narrowed it down to either buying Grandpa's big Super Duty King Ranch Ford, a Jeep Wrangler, or a Chevy Equinox. I really like Grandpa's pick up and in a few years, Zach could have turned it into a work truck. However, it is really hard to park, hard to get the kids in, and gets bad gas mileage. The jeep was fun, but not exactly what I was looking for. I was set on the Equinox. Then we went and drove one and it had absolutely no power. If they would have had a V6 on the lot, things MIGHT have been different. We went back and looked at the Jeep and I decided it was the one. Of course, I drove a Rubicon first that day, so I really liked it. It was $10,000 more than the others with only a few things that I would actually use on it. We ended up buying a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Edition. It has cloth interior, so they are taking it to Fort Worth tomorrow to get the seats redone with leather and front heated seats. They can't do the DVD, so we have to order them after market. So, I am getting most of what I wanted. I think what I am disappointed in is that it has less room than we had before. One the upside, Jeeps hold their value better than almost anything. Also, we are going to try and keep it for a long time and let it be Kagen and Braden's high school vehicle. That'll be if I can handle it for at least 5 years. Here are a few pictures that I took while Zach was switching out the tops. I will be driving it with the hard top on most of the time, but riding around with the top off was fun!





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment