Friday, August 3, 2007

It's a boy!!!

Sorry it has been a while since I have posted. We have been busy with the house renovations and coaching school. We found out on July 20 that we are having a little boy. He wasn't shy. The first picture we got at the ultra sound was of his sex. We are both so excited. It makes it so much more real now. It was amazing how much he had changed since our last appointment. They said he weighed about 12 oz at the time. He is probably close to a pound by now. Kagen is the front runner for his name right now, but that doesn't mean we won't change our minds. Another coach's wife suggested it on the way to a 7 on 7 football game last week and Zach and I both actually agreed on it.

We have decided to decorate his room in jungle animals. We have picked out bedding and furniture and my mom has already ordered the crib for us! I can't wait for it to be here. We haven't even started on his room yet because we are still finishing up the bathroom and hallway renovations. We did clean out the closet and move out the furniture earlier this summer, but now it is the tool room while Zach works. It is slowly clearing out as he finishes up.

Zach has already been back at work at the field house, so he doesn't have much time to work on the house. School is creeping up on us way too fast. I'm not ready to go back at all. I have been up to work on my classroom a couple of times so far, but that's it. I start workshops and such next week. We just got back from coaching school in Fort Worth. We went to the All-Star basketball game Monday night at TCU. One of our players from Floydada was in the game. It was the North vs. South. The south won by about 15 points. There were only 2 2A players on our team, one being Douglas and the other a player from Shallowater. (both from our district if that tells you anything) Douglas was in the slam dunk contest and 3 point contest at half time. He missed all 3 dunks, but then won the 3 point contest! We were all cheering and excited for him.

I have no pictures. Sorry. Zach has had our camera up at the field house for a few weeks. I'll get it back from him this weekend and post some pictures of me and the bathroom as soon as we finish it. Enjoy the rest of summer.

2 comments:

andydawn said...

YEAH for BOYS!!! I can't wait to see you pregnant :) I am sure you look GREAT!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you and Zach! A boy will be PERFECT for y'all!! I love the name Kagen too!