Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Last Weeks Home with Mommy

Kagen is our pride and joy. I don't know what we did before he came along. Wait a minute, yes I do, we slept, ate meals together, and played with our dog. Zach also used to open the car door for me. He has opened my car door for me since we started dating 5 years ago. Now, he puts Kagen in the back seat while I get in the front with the diaper bag. How sad. Oh well. All of the many changes our lives are going through are well worth it. Kagen gets better looking every day. He is going to give his daddy a run for his money. People say he looks like Zach and my dad. My mother-in-law and I think he looks like my dad anyway. This is my last week home with Kagen for a while. I go back to work next Monday. Kagen is going to go to daycare for a little while this Thursday and Friday to get adjusted to being away from home. I am very sad about leaving him, but also ready to get back to the real world. I think God has shown me the past 2 weeks that I am not cut out to be a stay at home mom. As much as I love my little boy, I need to get out of the house and communicate with adults. However, the TAKS test that I am responsible for is 2 months away, so it will be very stressful at work. Yuck.

Here are some pics of Kagen over the past couple of weeks:

Daddy is already teaching Kagen how to fish

Kagen on his way to make his debut in the church nursery

Tummy time - very strong little boy

Tummy time turned into a 2 hour nap! (the puppy had to keep him company)

Kagen discovered the animals above his playpen

Grammie gave him his first Nikes and he is sporting his first pair of handy-me-down jeans from his friend, Zane Thompson. He's on his way to cheer on the Whirlwind basketball teams.

Just too cute!

Smiling, while dancing in his little chair after church

Kagen LOVES the front carrier (Thanks for the idea Andrea! Thanks for the carrier Pat and Jerry!) He calms down and usually falls dead asleep in it.

I can't get enough of this little guy!


Kagen turned 7 weeks old yesterday. Time has flown by. He topped off the bathroom scales at 12 lbs last night and doesn't fit in any of his newborn clothes anymore. Some of his 0-3 month stuff is even too small. He is too tall for most of them. He goes for his 2 month check up in a couple of weeks, so we'll see what his real measurements are then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you are feeling bittersweet about going back to work, but things will work out great and before you know it you will be in a routine! I'm excited that Andrea is coming in a few weeks and we can all hang out!

Albert and MaryLou Ramirez said...

Congratulations! Kagen is so handsome! I still can't believe it's been five years since we last saw each other. We're all so grown up! Thanks for sharing your blog. I'll visit it often.

andydawn said...

WAHOOOOO!! I will be there soon :) I can't wait to hold a "little" baby boy!