Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Wow! Even though we had school on Memorial Day, we still had a weekend packed full of fun. We started Friday night by going to Ruby Tequila's in Lubbock for a surprise going away party. Saturday, we spent 3 1/2 hours down on the square in Floydada for Old Settler's Day. We ate fair food, talked to friends, looked at old cars, and ended the day with the parade. 2 other coaches' families went with us, so we had a good time together. Saturday evening, they all came over for a cookout and the kids played ball in the yard. Kagen and I had to stay indoors because the mosquitoes were HORRIBLE. Sunday afternoon, Zach and I took Kagen to Caprock Canyons State Park about an hour north of Floydada. It is where I spent my one and only night in a tent a few years ago. There is a little lake there, so Zach fished while Kagen and I played on the bank.

Waiting to see the parade

Kagen was very interested in Coach Day's mustache

"The parade is fun!"

Hanging out at the lake

"I'm a big boy!"

Daddy trying to find a good place to catch more fish

Fun times with Daddy

"I wonder what those people are doing."

Playing in the playpen (now that we have it lowered for big boys)


We've been back in Floydada for 3 years now. I have taught 5th grade all 3 years with my friend, Kelly. Her husband, Joe, finished up his work at Texas Tech and got a job teaching at McMurry University in Abilene. Kelly is from Illinois and can't wait to get back up north, but she's headed further south for at least another year. She is going to be missed so much. We've had 2 goodbye parties and a brunch at school for her.

Goodbye Party #1 for Kelly and Joe (at Mary's house)

Kagen and Jan (ex-5th grade teacher)

Kagen tried to hold a conversation with Junior. He moved his mouth, but didn't make a sound as Junior spoke to him.

"Mary, I don't feel very good."

Goodbye Party #2 for Kelly and Joe (at Ruby Tequila's)

Date Night! (Grammie babysat)

Mary, Phyllis, Laura, and Kelly (5th Grade Teachers)

No comments: