Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Countdown Begins

This past month has been a whirlwind. Thursday and Friday night football season came to an end! The Red Raiders have been amazing to watch! We ended up missing the UT game in person due to the stomach bug, but got to go to the OSU game thanks to Mom and Dad. We have now been busy planning Kagen's 1st birthday party, chasing him around everywhere, and making holiday plans. We got him a portable DVD player for the car for his birthday (mainly so our trip to Houston in January might be more enjoyable). Kagen will be 1 year old in less than 2 weeks now. I can't believe it has been a year already. It has FLOWN by. I look at pictures of him as a newborn and it seems like that was yesterday. I remember sitting in the living room for a week with Cheryl taking care of tiny baby Kagen and watching movies and can't believe it has been that long ago. Part of me is so glad Kagen has outgrown that stage and then again, I'm really sad that he is growing up so fast. He took his first steps the day he turned 10 months old, but didn't get a good handle on walking until he was 11 months old. Now he is trying to run. He hasn't got the hang of that yet though. We will be celebrating his last, first holiday next week with Thanksgiving, then it's on to his birthday party the following weekend!

"Okay, Mommy, I'll let Daddy take a picture of me in my new coat."

Kagen had a good time over at Coach Day's house play Lincoln Logs with the big boys!

Kyen and Kagen kept everyone busy chasing them around the house.

"Hmm...I got the lid off."

"I think I'll have a few."

"Ha, ha, ha! Look at me, Taylor! I can get my own treats! Want some?"

OMG,the battles we have with food! I think this picture says 1,000 words. Mr. Independence is beginning to show his ugly face. We do have good meals, but we also have times like these when we are all wanting to scream.

Occasionally we do get some food in the mouth. He is very good with finger food, but if he spots a spoon or fork, he wants it and he wants to do it himself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe what a big boy he is!! he is SOOO cute!! I can't believe he is about to turn 1 - time flies!!

andydawn said...

What a BIG BOY!!! I can't believe he will be 1 SO SOON :) Happy Early Birthday, Kagen!