What really surprises me is how much he understands. I can ask him so many questions and he knows exactly where to go or what to do. He knows where his ears, eyes, nose, and mouth are. He goes running to the bathroom if its bath time. He goes to the refrigerator and pulls on the handles if he wants a drink or if we ask if he wants a drink. He knows the difference between his toys and Taylor's toys. He picks up Taylor's toys, calls her name, and takes them to her to play.
He still has a LONG way to go, but at least he is finally making some progress in the verbal area. When it comes to athleticism, we have no problems. He can walk, run, and climb like you wouldn't believe. At daycare, he rearranges the furniture. I think the teacher LOVES that.
Anyway, over the past couple of weeks a few things have happened. First, my sister, Cheryl came to visit us. She is now 17 weeks pregnant! She will find out on May 15th whether she is having a boy or a girl! We can't wait. While she was here, we just hung out around the house and talked about baby stuff and played with Kagen.
This past week, my grandparents travel trailer caught fire and burned to the ground. It also caught the south end of their house on fire, but caused minimal damage to the house, thanks to quick action by a police officer and the fire department. We are so thankful to the police officer who spotted the fire and got my grandparents out of their house in the middle of the night.
Now we are just tring to make it through another week of TAKS testing. Only 5 weeks of school left!
We introduced Kagen to gravy. Ymmmm...
Kagen loves to buckle himself into things. (shopping cart, wagon, high chair, car seat, etc...) While Cheryl and I were going through a tub of maternity clothes, we let Kagen play with his suitcase. I turned around to check on him because he was being quiet and this is what I found.
"What kind of chips do you have, Aunt Cheryl?"
Doing a little climbing before church
Ymmm...Chicken Leg. My poor baby has no hair. This lady at Mastercuts in Abilene screwed his hair up royally. He doesn't look the same at all. I want to cry every time I look at him. At least his hair grows fast.
Grandmother and her "dummy" date at Belle's in Abilene. Kagen wasn't so sure about the dummy.
1 comment:
Aww..he is growing up so fast. He will be able to teach Cheryl's baby :) I am counting on Mason and Madelyn to help Madden too :)
Post a Comment