Sunday, March 7, 2010

New Addition

We have lived in our new house for over 2 months now and FINALLY have internet access! We had internet on our phones and at work, but that was it. We are loving our new house, but have already been through several problems. About 3 weeks ago, we had a hot water heater leak that was hard to find, but did a lot of damage. We have yet to get anything replaced or fixed. We are hoping to have time to work on that during spring break. Also, due to so much more moisture than usual, we have had a few septic problems. The joys of living in the country. However, looking out our front door at sunset, this is what we see.













Kagen has been such a good boy. He just amazes me every day with everything he knows and is able to do. Everyone at church always tells us how smart he is and how well behaved he is. Believe me, he is not always an angel at home, but I'm glad they think so! He can count to 10, sometimes more successfully than others, and can sing the ABCs, but not all of the letters make the song! He is always in a hurry to get to "Now I know my ABCs...". He helps us cook dinner, pick up toys, throw trash away, feed Taylor, and do laundry.

















Currently, Zach and I are serving our church as interim youth directors. Zach does all the work. I just show up for moral support and clean up the messes. This weekend, we have Disciple Now and were a host home for the high school boys. They were all nice, polite, and cleaned up after themselves!! They spent most of Saturday out at the Baptist Encampment at Lueders doing some clean up work, then recreation and worship time. I stayed in Stamford while they did that and got a little rest and visited with my family. My parents had just returned from a 2 week vacation to Hawaii! Also, my Aunt Lynda and cousin Amanda were in town for our church's 110th Anniversary celebration. It was a BIG weekend, but we survived and had a great time.








































Our biggest news is that we are expecting a new addition to our family this fall! I am 7 weeks pregnant and due October 25th. We are so excited, but also nervous after suffering a miscarriage this past October. We continue to pray that all goes well and that we deliver a happy healthy baby this fall. Now that we have internet access, I'll try to get back to taking pictures and updating the blog more often.

3 comments:

andydawn said...

YAY!! So excited for yall :) Congratulations! Kagen is such a big boy who will be a wonderful big bro!

Anonymous said...

Kristi, Kagen is SOOO big!! Wow, I am so happy for you!!

Jenny Wakulat said...

Congrats! How wonderful