Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Braden's First Snow

Well, we finally got a good snow this winter. At 2:30am, I received a text informing me that we would have a 10am start. Then at 6am, Zach got a phone call and I got a text informing us that school had been cancelled for the day! We really just wanted a late start because now we will have to make the day up on Good Friday. However, we had a great time relaxing and playing at home with the boys.

Wow, 3 pairs of pants makes me look a little heftier than normal.

Kagen had so much fun playing even though we only stayed out for about 10 minutes.





He saw a picture of a girl making a snow angel on the news at noon, so when he went out, the first thing he did was lay down and make one himself.



January was a month full of sickness. I just talked about how healthy we had all been, then we got slammed. It all started with Kagen having the stomach bug, then I got it. Next, Zach didn't feel well and right after that I was sick for about 5-6 days with what was more than likely a light case of the flu. We had 7 2nd graders with confirmed cases of the flu. I never went to the doctor and didn't miss a day of work, but I did not feel well at all and ran a low grade fever. I went to bed VERY early each night. I had a flu shot, which protected me from getting a bad case. However, my germs are more than likely what caused Braden to get the flu. I got my flu shot 3 weeks before he was born, but those immunities only last for 6 weeks after birth. He started running a fever on a Sunday afternoon and by 2am it was up to 102.7. Luckily we are much calmer with the 2nd kid and know what to do to help him without panicking. Zach took him to the doctor the next morning, since I have no sick days until next August. He tested positive for flu. The doctor gave him Tamiflu and said as long as we kept him hydrated, he would be fine. We had a rough couple of nights getting him comfortable enough to sleep, but he recovered very quickly since we caught it so fast. Zach kept him 2 days and my mom kept him one. He was able to go back to Sheilah's house that Thursday and did great.

He is growing and changing every day. At his doctor's appointment (3 1/2 months), he weighed 14 lbs 3 oz and measured 25" long. He is still a good pound behind where Kagen was at his age. Kagen was a humpty dumpty though and got to cook 2 1/2 weeks longer than Braden!
Braden holds his head up high when on his tummy and can now roll from his tummy to his back. He tries SO hard to roll the other way, but can't quite make it over. I'm in no hurry for this to happen, but still cheer him on. Here are some pictures of him playing toys.


No comments: