Monday, March 3, 2008

3 months old!

I can not believe that it has already been 3 months since Kagen was born. He has changed SO much in 3 short months. He is finally sleeping through the night. He has been for a couple of weeks now. He had started sleeping through the night when he was just a few weeks old, but that didn't last for long. He woke up at least once a night for about 6 weeks after that. He sleeps from around 10pm until around 6am. It has been a nice change.
He is playing with a few of his toys now. He has a little elephant pull toy that vibrates and rattles. We hang it from his car seat and little gym and he bats at it and smiles and coos. He will also try and hold a conversation with you if you sit and talk to him.
He has spent a lot of time at Whirlwind basketball games. This year, the Whirlwinds made it to the regional tournament for the first time in school history. We made the trip to Midland for the tournament and Kagen spent the night in a hotel for the first time. We stayed at the Hampton and he slept great. The basketball games were good and bad. We won the first round, the regional semi-final game. We beat #10 Comfort by about 15 points. Then we lost the regional final to Jim Ned by 4 points. It was a heart breaker, but was worth being there.
Now we are on to track season. Yuck. I like going to the district, regional, and state meets, but could do without the practice meets. I doubt Kagen and I make it to many of them. I'm not a big spring sport fan. Baseball, softball, and track don't hold my attention too well.

First night in a hotel

Playing Toys with Cousin Sydni

Sporting his Whirlwind outfit


Being entertained by Austin and Tayler at the Whirlwinds' playoff game against Idalou

"Poor me. I'm so neglected now."

Trying to figure out where he's seen Cousin Amanda before

Small towns are great! The Purser's took us for a ride with their family in their mule.

Swinging at the park with Daddy

Visiting Whitney

Flirting with Andrea

Playing with Grandpa

Visiting Great Grandfather Hargrove

Aunt Cammy came for a quick visit

Spring break and Kagen's first Easter are just around the corner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love his Logan jersey!!! I am so glad you, me, Andrea and Kagen all got to hang out a few weekends ago!

andydawn said...

It was great seeing you and meeting Mr. Kagen!! What a cutie! He is getting sooo big :)