Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sick

I don't feel good

Well, we made it 3 months and 1 week without medicine. Kagen had a cough for about a week before it got bad enough to go to the doctor. Last Monday night, he barely slept at all because he couldn't breathe. He has been congested since he was 2 weeks old, so that was nothing new. However, the coughing was starting to rattle and sound pretty bad. Tuesday morning, Zach stayed home with him, then Tuesday afternoon I took him to the doctor. He never ran any fever, or we would have taken him in sooner. I was glad I took him because by the time I got him there, his eye had matted up. He had to get pink eye medicine, a decongestant, and amoxicillin. We also had to change his formula because he has acid reflux. Poor little guy.
The doctor said great things about him! She made me an even more proud momma. She walked in, heard him talking to me, and said "wow, he is talking really early!" Then, she sat him up to listen to him breathe and commented on how strong he is. He is doing great on the growing and developing! He weighed 15 lbs 7 oz at that appointment.
He is doing better now. His eyes look great, the cough is almost gone, and the congestion is better, but still a problem. He stayed home Wednesday with Zach's mom, then Thursday with my mom and grandmother. He went back to day care Friday, but only til 1:30 since we got out early for spring break. Hopefully after a week home with mom and dad, he will be happy and healthy.

Great Grandmother and Nana came to babysit

Nana is finally able to hold me again!

Relaxing in my Hawaii shirt and house shoes

Mommy tries to make me wear my sunglasses when we go walking

Giving my guns up despite uncle Brent's attempt to make me a Longhorn

Reading a book

Chillin in front of the tube

I put Great Grandpa to sleep, then Great Grandma put me to sleep

Loving on Great Grandmother

1 comment:

andydawn said...

What a sweet growing boy! What a cutie ;)